Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh no! Pushing Daisies!

As you may know, Pushing Daisies is my favorite show on television. And I watch a lot of television, so that's not a statement lightly made.

This was recently posted on a message board I frequent, and I wanted to share it with you, my dear readers.

‘Move Pushing Daisies’ Campaign Begins

move-pushing-daisies-campaign-begins

With the ratings for “Oh Oh Oh… It’s Magic” reaching a series low, PD future is looking ever more grim. But at this time, giving up is something that we should NOT do!

So we are going to start a new campaign, the “Move Pushing Daisies Campaign”, to e-mail, send letters to Warner Bros and try to convince them to move it another network or if this doesn’t work — at least a Direct-To-DVD 2 hour movie special that wraps up the show.

Sends letters and packages to:

Pushing Daisies Warner Bros. TV
300 Television Plaza Burbank, CA 91505

And you can contact them online here:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/help/c…mer_service.jsp


*********

So, do your part and join in the fight for Pushing Daisies!

Here's the email I sent - to the Feedback section of the website.

It has recently come to my attention that the decision has been made to not order any new episodes of the best and most unique show on television, Pushing Daisies.
I am writing to urge you to try to move the show to another network. I think that ABC Family might be a perfect choice. This show is sublime on so many levels, and I would mourn the loss of it. The acting is amazing, the characters are completely appealing, the writing is quirky and imaginative, and each week, it's the show that I want to give a big hug to.
I think that television would be a much more interesting genre if shows like Pushing Daisies were given more of a chance before getting the axe. I have no interest in watching CSI: Albequerque. I don't care about another Grey's Anatomy spin-off. I want the fantastical world of Pushing Daisies, for many many years to come. I know I am not alone.
Give it a chance, please, I implore you.

I have not yet decided if I will commence sending pies to them in protest.

I also wrote to ABC - and encourage you to do the same.

No comments: