Thursday, July 15, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance: 7.15.10

Cat is a yellow canary tonight, and the group number also involves the All-Stars, in a Broadway Routine.  I'm thinking Tyce?  It's really fun.  And Kent got to do some really fun tumbling.  And it was Tyce.  Go, me!

I think Cat is channeling Felicity Shagwell...

Promo for National Dance Day, including Tabitha & Napoleon's downloadable routine, and lots of people's videos sent in.

Lauren and Kent are up first (my two faves from last night).  Neither one of them is in the bottom with Ashley.  Yippee! 

Fast forwarding through special guest dancers.  They are cute, but I don't feel like watching them.  I'm sure I'll watch them when my kids watch the show.

Adechike and Billy are up next.  Billy is in the bottom 3, along with injured Ashley.  Jose and Robert are up next to find out their fate.  Jose is in the Bottom 3. I'd say that's deserved.  Travis' number with Robert last night was so utterly astounding, I am glad that he's not in the bottom 3.  This week.

Fast Forwarding through the next guest dancers... thought that they were going to be featuring all-stars?

Oh... here's the All-Stars.  Comfort & Twitch.  Fun.  Their Dave Scott Hip Hop routine is up, and I loved it the first time.  So much fun! 

Billy's Solo is up first, and it's a really good one.  He has such nice lines.  I don't think he's going anywhere.

Jose's solo is up and the first thing that came off was his stupid toque.  He got right to the tricks, and he showed what he can do.  I do think he's likely to leave if Ashley is clear to stay.  He's great, but limited, even though he's charming as all get out.

A SYTYCD TV premier for an artist that Stacey Tookey used in a routine a few weeks ago.  Christina Perry - Jar of Hearts.  She was a waitress and now she's on the charts.  Slick.  Her tattoos look like she's been drawn on by a child, but she's got a good voice.  I believe that the routine (danced by Neil and Allison) is the same as the original routine.  It is beautiful.  The cellist is also a backup singer.  That's kind of cool.

Nigel thinks that Jose's solo was focused and almost angry, and it was him fighting to stay.  He told Billy that he was going in the right direction, but his solo was more of the same old same old, though he does have the capability to be a really great dancer.  And Ashley... needs 3-5 weeks rest.  Oh, man.  Another one bites the dust.  She's off to get better and hopefully join the tour.  Poor kiddo.

No comments: