Wednesday, November 18, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance - 11.18.09

The group dance is set to Aha! by Imogean Heap, and featured the dancers hidden under sheets.  It was super cool.  I loved the dance.  The outfits were weird, but I can deal with them.  I can't even describe the dance.  It was super duper cool.  It was choreographed by Wade & Amanda Robeson.  That makes sense.  Cat is wearing what looks like a mother-of-the-bride dress mixed with a five year old's Easter dress.  And I think the dress has a silver sparkly tie incorporated into it, and I could be wrong, but I think her shoes are fuzzy... Interesting.

Cat checked in with the judges, and it was revealed that next week, each couple will do two dances.  Yay. 

Ashleigh & Jakob are first to find out their fate.  They are safe.  Yay.  Next up are Karen & Kevin.  They are in the bottom 3.  Good.  How did Ellenore & Ryan fare with their gorgeous Travis Wall routine?  Safe!  That's good.  Noelle & Russell and Channing & Victor are next.  Channing & Victor are in the bottom 3.  That could have gone either way.  I didn't connect so well with Victor, so we'll see.  And the music might have hurt them.  For the final couple in the bottom 3, it's Mollee & Nathan or Kathryn & Legacy.  To round out the bottom 3, it's Mollee & Nathan.  Good.  As it should be.  That pasa doble was wonderful.

I'd say it's the right bottom 3.

Guest dancer is Nakul and a group of Bollywood dancers.  Awesome!  Bollywood is best in a group.  It was absolutely gorgeous. 

Karen's solo is up first, set to Break on Through, and she is wearing leather pants so as to get Nigel worked up, I assume.  The solo didn't do much for me, actually.  It was a lot of hair flipping.

Kevin's solo was a lot better.  He didn't use the stage very well, though, and pretty much stayed in one place.

Channing's solo was really much better.  She has beautiful extension.  I didn't think that her spin was very straight, though.  She got my attention more than Karen, though.

Victor's solo featured his enviable leaps and flexibility and gorgeous pirouettes.  Good show, I think.

I have to admit, Mollee's solo was pretty awesome.  She was also rocking what looked like leather leggings, but she certainly showed some skill.

Nathan's solo was interesting and showed some unique moves.  I liked it a lot.

I think that Kevin and Karen are done.

Time for a musical guest who I don't recognize.  Fast Forward, though what I heard was pretty good.

The judges are unanimous on the ouster of the girl.  Nigel told Mollee that she proved she can dance like a woman in her solo, and showed what dancing for your life is all about.  Channing has perfect technique, but needs more personality to come out.  Karen has more personality, so that's why she's staying.  Ok, that's fair. 

The judges were also unanimous with the men's decision.  He told Nathan that he's proved what a good dancer he is in his solo, and he's safe.  He told Victor that he needs to be careful to throw more than pirouettes in his solos, because they know he can pirouette.  Kevin has not grown enough, so he's gone.

Next week, Karen & Victor are the new couple.  I think the decisions were good.  What do you think?

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I think Channing should have stayed and Karen gone home. Karen has started to seem smug to me and really annoyed when she was in the bottom 3 last week. Her solo was just her flinging her hair and trying to look sexy. I do agree w/ the boys' decision though. Curious to see if Victor can stand up w/ Karen, she might overpower him. Depends on the dance style.