Saturday, February 28, 2009

American Idol Results Show - 2.26.09

Ha ha ha - just realized that I posted this on my other blog, which is about books I read with my kids. Ooops.

Reposted:

American Idol Results Show - 2.26.09

Blah blah blah, ba-waaaaah, This is American Idol.

blah blah stupid banter betwixt Ryan and Simon. Even Simon had enough of it, saying "Can it be a little less about me and more about the show?" I agree.

It's the dreaded Group Sing, and this week, it's Ne-yo's Closer. I could be sure that Nick/Norman didn't know all the words. Matt Giraud has got some insanely swively hips. They put Megan in hot red jeans, but couldn't keep down the shimmy/flail. Matt B. looked like he'd rather be not trying to dance. There was a lot of slightly uncomfortable close dancing, and I was glad when it was over. They sounded pretty good together, I guess, but it was just weird. I swear, Nick/Norman yawned when it was over.

After a recap, Ryan asked Nick/Norman what he would do if he didn't make it through, and he basically asked if anyone wanted to hire him. Matt B. stood up to talking back to Simon, and it was weird. Ryan tried to create drama that wasn't there. Jesse liked her song choice (so did I), and Jeanine agrees that she overcompensated, but still went showing as much legs as possible.

Allison is first to hear her results. I wish her hair was a different shade slightly. He pulled Jesse down with her before letting her know her fate. Also joining them was Matt B. Justice is served, and Allison is through. I hope to see Jesse back for the Wildcard show.

She got to do an encore performance of Alone, and she really does really remind me of Kelly Clarkson in the face. Her voice is raspier than Kelly's, but it works for her. I still can't believe this girl is just 16 years old. Amazing. I can't wait to see more of her, and I hope that she has a long run of it.

Next up, Megan and Kris are up, and are joined by Matt G and Jeanine. One of them is in the Top 12. I think it might be Megan. Jeanine is mercifully sent back to her seat, and no one is suprised. Matt is also sent back. I bet he will be back for the Wildcard, because the judges like him so much. Simon is in the pissiest mood I've seen him in in a long time. Kara was saying some things that made sense, and Simon just kept interrupting her.

In the end, it's Kris who is through (and I am pleased - I like him). Megan will probably be back for the Wildcard Show. Maybe between now and then, she can spend some time dancing in a straight jacket, because I really think her "I learned to Dance From Charlie Brown" is what did her in. Kris is a good looking guy, and I like him better than Roughneck Dude.

Time for some filler from season's past, and I fast forwarded. It's late, and that was unneeded.

Brooke White is back, too, for more filler. She's got some terrifically big hair, and she's behind a piano. She urges contestants to not google their names, so they probably won't be reading this blog. If they do, HI!

American Idol wants you to buy Brooke White's CD. I don't much care, so fast forwarding I go.

Back to the business at hand, Mishavonna, Kai, Nick/Norman, Jasmine, and Adam are up. Mishavonna, Kai, and Jasmine are sent back quickly. Agreed x 3. So, it's between Nick/Norman and Adam.

America voted, and Nick/Norman's time is done on AI. He was amusing, but I'm glad that he didn't make it. I want Adam to calm down the theatrics a bit, and I want him to lessen up the emo hair. I thought that his version of Satisfaction was appreciably better tonight than last night. I don't much care for his screechy high notes. David Cook could sing circles around him and not even break a sweat.

Nexy week it's Arianna Afsar, Junot Joyner, Kristen McNamara, Nathanial Marshall, Lil Rounds, Jorge Nunez, Kendall Beard, Scott McIntyre, Felicia Barton, Von Smith, Taylor Vaifanua, and Alex Wagner-Trugman. I like Alex and hope that Nate crashes and burns with his weird headband obsession, strange hair, and unfortunately beady eyes. He's got a good voice, but I just can't handle his style. I think that Lil is overrated, and Von is kind of cool. Scott is good, and he's got a great story, but vocally, I don't think that he competes.

Are you happy with tonight's results? What are you hoping to see next week, besides better songs performed better?

No comments: